Monday, April 27, 2009

Dendrobium questions?

How can I split or depot my dendrobium and repot it into several bulbs? Do I just split the dendrobium bulbs into individual bulbs and repot it? There are around six to eight bulbs in a 2inch pot. I think I need to repot it as the roots and bulbs are spilling out of the pot. But I am afraid of killing the dendrobiums.





Once I cut the bulbs, is there a solution I need to keep them into prior to repotting? There is no pictorial guide when I searched the web. I am a newbie in trying to repot my dendrobiums.

Dendrobium questions?
Knock it out of it's pot and use a strong sharp knife to divide the clump in two by slicing between canes.





Repot tightly in fresh orchid mix to the same level as they are growing (don't bury any part of the stems). Use small pots, about an inch larger than the cuttings. If it makes you feel better, you could dust the cuts with fungicide, but it is not necessary.





See source for information on growing orchids in your home.
Reply:yes you can. cut the bulbs into individual bulbs using a sterilized knife. then you can place the bulbs in a hydoregen peroxide solution. clean the bulbs in running water and remove dead roots and other soil or potting materials. place the individual bulbs in tight cocofiber pots with moss and charcoal bits. bind tightly with fiber rope to hold the cocofiber and moss/charcoal together.


No comments:

Post a Comment